Royal Yacht Club of Victoria welcomes female members, and there are lots of opportunities for you to get involved - no matter what your level of experience. Whether you are a fully-fledged sailor, or just starting out, or even wanting to see what it is like on the water, there is something for you to enjoy. It doesn't have to be on the water either: there's plenty happening on dry land too!
- To encourage and mentor women in sailing and to develop a sense of community within the club which nurtures a life-long ambition to sail
- To ensure women’s interests are respected and represented on all major committees of RYCV.
- Provide opportunities and encourage women to experience sailing
- Develop well trained and competent women sailors
- Work in collaboration with other Melbourne yacht clubs to promote and encourage participation in women’s sailing
- To inform and encourage women to attend training courses on offer.
The Club is always looking for new ways to get women into sailing. If you have any suggestions or questions feel free get in touch.
For more information on how to get involved in women’s sailing you can contact the office on (03) 9397 1277 or email@example.com. You can also join our network, the RYCV Women and Girls Facebook group.
Check out the Yachting Victoria She Sails website. It is dedicated to you - female sailors and potential female sailors - to help you get sailing, enjoy sailing and keep sailing!